Traditional dental temp agencies are a waste of money
Going through a middleman for dental staffing is a waste of money. A traditional dental temp agency, which serves as a go-between for connecting dental professionals with dental practices, charges a pretty penny for their services.
Both the dental professional and the employer compromise in order to cover the price of a dental hygiene temp agency. How much? Typical contracts for temp jobs charge between 12 and 50 percent of the worker’s hourly ratemultiplied by the number of hours worked. They also charge thousands of dollars in permanent placement fees if you decide to hire one of their temps full time.
Why traditional temp agencies are a bad deal for dental practices
Let’s say you are a dental practice in Houston, TX, searching for a dentist to fulfill a short-term staffing need. The process involved is typically as follows:
- Submit your staffing need to a Houston dental staffing agency.
- Wait for the agency to provide available dentists for the position. Time is money, and there’s no telling how long it will take the staffing agency to fill your request.
- Some agencies may provide you with a list of potential dentists. Others will just send someone, giving you little to no say in the selection process. If you do get a choice, it’s hard to tell who’s right for the job because you have to rely on the agency to handle all communication.
- Once you’ve chosen a dentist, it’s time to pay. While prices vary, a typical dental temp agency in the United Sates charges employers a percentage of the dental professional’s hourly rate. The fee is usually paid up front, and it applies for every temp hired through the agency. That adds up!
That’s a lot of time and money! For what? Connecting you to the dental care professional you need? What if you could make the connections yourself, avoiding large fees and wasted time? With Cloud Dentistry, you can.
Dental practice owners everywhere are losing money on staffing
The traditional dental staffing practices push money out the door.
- Time (and therefore money) is lost filling urgent staffing gaps. If a practice can’t meet demand for chair time or has to cancel appointments, it’s losing revenue. Unhappy patients talk about bad experiences online and with their friends, costing the practice more business.
- Money is funneled out of the practice and into a staffing agency. Staffing agencies charge daily fees for temporary work and high permanent placement fees.
US dental practice owners have always used temporary staff to keep their existing patients and bring in new ones, but there has never been an easy, cost-effective way to fill openings—until now.
Dental practice owners, you won’t believe how much time and money you can save.
Cloud Dentistry takes job matching to a whole new level.
- Dental practices earn more money without any added stress or risk. By adding personnel on an as-needed basis, you can fill your appointment schedule and keep patients in your office without hiring permanent staff. Your practice has access to a multitude of local dentists, dental hygienists, dental support staff, and other dental health care professionals.
- Patients are more satisfied with their care when they can receive treatment for all their dental problems in one location. Bring in the specialist or extra support staff you need for special procedures. Easily fill scheduling gaps left by sick leave, family leave, or personal leave.
- Cloud Dentistry only charges a small fee for using the platform. And if you find a professional you want to hire on a permanent basis, you won’t be charged a permanent placement fee.
- Dental offices make their own real-time matches to dentists, hygienists, dental assistants, and specialists all from one platform. Matching is quick and easy, so there’s no wasted time.
Dental health professionals everywhere are losing money working for temp agencies
One of the most common reasons dental professionals contract their services on a temp basis is that the pay is higher compared to a regular dental position.
But even if you’re contracting through an agency, you’re still working for someone else. When you consider the fact that dental staffing agencies charge practices more than their professionals actually receive, it becomes obvious that dental professionals would make more money by contracting out their services independently.
We think dental professionals should keep the money they earn. Cloud Dentistry is the direct connection that connects dental professionals to dental practices in real time, letting you work without the markup.
Dental professionals, you can work for yourself and earn more.
Cloud Dentistry will help you grow your business online, putting you in charge of your own work.
Dental professionals who do not own their own practice see most of the revenue they generate go into someone else’s pockets, and dental professionals often feel underappreciated. In an interview with Gary Takacs of The Thriving Dentist Show, Tija Hunter, a seasoned dental assistant and office manager, says that “dental assistants are the unsung heroes of the office…[They] don't get the recognition and the praise that [they] deserve."
If you’re a dental professional who wants to be paid fairly and appreciated for your work, you can reap enormous benefits with Cloud Dentistry. An important part of your success as a dental professional depends on your resume. Read this article to learn more about dental professional resume best practices.
- Work independently and set your own rates.
- Advance your career by running an overhead-free practice that’s not tied to a single office.
- Gain exposure—a large network of dental practices have access to your profile.
- Earn a greater portion of production dollars without the stress of owning your own practice.
- Dental hygienists, dental office staff, and other dental professionals can use Cloud Dentistry at no charge.
How the Cloud Dentistry platform is different from placement agencies
- Depending on volume, Cloud Dentistry beats competitor prices by more than 95%. This is a paradigm shift. The direct-connection networking platform saves money for both practices and professionals.
- Cloud Dentistry is faster and easier than a dental staffing agency. Dental offices and dental professionals connect directly and in real time, so there’s no lengthy wait for a placement.
- Cloud Dentistry serves as a matching service and not a placement service. Cloud Dentistry does not micro-manage the placement of an employee with a dental office. Instead, it empowers end users to make matches themselves. This allows dental offices and professionals more control in finding just the right match.
Stop wasting money today
Dental offices and dental professionals can use Cloud Dentistry as a simple online platform to connect them to the employees or the dental jobs they need. The system saves everyone money that would otherwise be wasted on traditional dental temp agencies. Create your free profile now to change the way you manage dental staffing or job searching forever.
Dr. Reza Sanjar is a co-founder of Cloud Dentistry, LLC and co-owner of Dental Art in Katy, Texas. His years of experience as a dentist and dental practice owner give him unique insights that inform the practices of Cloud Dentistry. A graduate of Boston University and Washington University in St. Louis, Dr. Sanjar has been practicing dentistry since 2009. He knows the industry well and is pleased to bring the benefits of Cloud Dentistry to other dental practices and dental professionals.